About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Monday 3 November 2014

More fruit of the season, the 3rd kingdom

We went to Lincoln last weekend, I took the opportunity to go seek out a few more fungi at Whisby.

I have not been successful in identifying them all but clearly the Fly Agaric, Amanita muscaris is an easy one, these were taken where a tre had been taken out to make a clearing hence the damage to soem around them. This fungi is used as a hallucinogenic by some people, dangerous game, as it is poisonous. It gets its name from medieval times where the cap was broken into pieces in milk to stupify flies and get rid of them.





Then there is another amanita, there are 24 of them known in the UK, this one is The Blusher, Amanita rubescens. You can eat it - if cooked, but poisonous if raw, oh and after you cook it, throw the water away - its not going to make you feel good !



A few others seen and photographed but so far not identified.




Also a few dragons still on the wing, this is a Common Darter, Sympetrum striolatum I love the autumn leaf colours behind it that compliment the body colour.



In all a nice day with a few nice shots




No comments:

Post a Comment