About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Sunday 19 October 2014

WWT Slimbridge



We had a ‘day’ out today – well by the time we got there it was really an afternoon out.

The weather was okay – sunny, cloudy, blustery – its autumn!

Leaves turning,


An arty shot, the 'teddy bear' trees leaves were fantastic colours and blowing in the wind - so a long exposure to get the blurring gave me this




the berries were red and the leaves all colours 


even the ducks looked good with sun on the water and reflections of the leaves


Fungi growing




 
These were growing in the rotting top of a fence post, you can see a Ash key to the right of the fungi so that gives you scale 



These were growing in join of a large branch in the bark of a large willow where moss had taken hold and grown- I loved the feather stuck in there, nope not a set up - thats how it was when I spotted it 


Dragons are still on the wing - not bad for mid October, this is a Red Veined Darter, Sympetrum fonscolombii


Birds washing, standing around, leaving and arriving, gulls being the opportunists they are for a free feed





 







  Says it all really, it was a nice day except poor Ella was not well with the trip and did not get the chance to do much before it was all too much for her.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no poor Little Tomcat, hope she is feeling better today, sending hugs. Love the fungi and that pond photo is very reminiscent of a Monet painting. I have never tried long exposure I might have to have a play: I love the colours of the leaves, very atmospheric and 'modern. Laney.

    ReplyDelete