About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Sunday 10 November 2013

A Trip to Cornwall


Well, that was a birthday, thank you all for the cards, and to my eldest daughter, Eleanor, it’s a lovely picture and brought back many memories, my sincere thanks lovely. To my youngest, Verity, yes I know you listen and I can say I am happy that you pay attention as well. I look forward to indulging myself in the ‘Old Grey Whistle Test’. To my lady, mmm coffee and now fresh ground, splendid.

We took Friday 8th off and we went to Falmouth to visit youngest daughter as her birthday was on the 7th, so not only delivering presents and cake but went out to Ask Italian in Truro for dinner, and very nice it was too.

Saturday was a day at Eden, http://www.edenproject.com/ - I can honestly say, if you have not been there, make the effort, it is seriously worth it. It is one of our all-time favourite places any time of the year. The great thing is that if you buy your ticket and gift aid your payment - it’s an all year ticket, that means  you can go back as often as you want on the same ticket for 12 months from purchase – so for us that’s great every time we go to see Verity we will go to Eden, it changes so much with the seasons there is always something new to see. 

So this time Verity was able to borrow a couple of lenses from Uni and took some great shots. I look forward to seeing her blog updated, hint, hint !!

We finally had to leave Verity back at Uni around 6pm and as the roads were quiet we got home about 10pm, to say it rained all the way does not describe it, the driving was challenging given the M5 / M4 reputation for accidents but traffic was light so no really issues. Now to edit and show off a few photos I am not too unhappy with.






















No comments:

Post a Comment