About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Sunday 20 October 2013

what to do on a grey day



So its Sunday and grey, what to do – okay – here is a clue, but don’t pick the red ones! in this case that’s Black Bryony, Tamus communis















Yep – went for a walk to the coast and collected blackberries and sloes – loads of them still around, 


We were worried we had missed the opportunity given its mid October but there was fruit aplenty.
Now, where is that bottle of Gin and/or Vodka. Half of the blackberries are in the freezer to make a compote later on, half are bubbling away with apple to make apple and blackberry jelly. The kitchen smells great.






Took a few photos on the little camera, a nice hoverfly, Syrphus ribesii it was doing its best to look like a wasp to deter predators but not fooling us,













The stinking Iris, Iris foetidissima, love the seeds, what a colour when all around is going brown






overall a nice walk and some good free food to enjoy later

No comments:

Post a Comment