About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Monday 29 December 2014

Jack Frost visited

Went to Llanelli for a day - well actually for two so far 28th and 29th, Jack Frost had visited and while the birds were nice on the first day as it was midday or later when we were there on 28th,

This fox was taking it easy and warming himself, we spotted him and he spotted us - managed to get a shot before he left



A few Mallards took exception to my presence and took exit via stage right, but I managed to get a line on one


A loud creaking sound on a repeating cycle left me looking around and over my head came a Mute Swan low down having just taken off, managed to get a quick shot while it was passing over


The Mandarin Drake was showing off and where he caught the sun the wing 'flags' shone brightly - problem was he was moving along a bit and ducking and bobbing so he managed to get his head out of focus just as I hit the shutter button




I was there for the morning of the 29th so the frosty things were the focus. However there were a few birds about as well, just on the edge of the pond that is alongside the viewing gallery was this - a Water Rail !


A few shots of Jack Frosts work on the habitat

















This and the following shot are my favourites of the day






But for my lady - this is the shot I wanted to get - ish - not the best, but they are small and fast moving and stay up in the branches so any shot like this is 'okay'





No comments:

Post a Comment