About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Saturday 19 April 2014

Getting the Plot - makes a change from loosing it !


A couple of days ago Yoke got a letter from the council, for a change it was nice, her wait on the allotment list was over, we had a plot, well on the day we went to see and while it was available – I would not say ‘plot’ it was a quarter plot. So we now have tenancy on plot 2AA


Due to the waiting list the decision was taken by the council to split plots down this way to get as many people onto them as possible and reduce the waiting time, also means if whoever decides to not bother or cannot continue for any reason its not such a large area to ‘recover’. 

First photo – I dug out the border edge after cutting the grass along the path either side of the plot yesterday, also removed the major growth of creeping buttercup and the large patch of nettles


Today it looked like this at about 1pm, a load of digging later, I dug it over three times in each row to remove as much dandelion and couch grass roots as possible  

Wth a bit of work on the original frame that was left, it now looks like this. The first crop of Pink Fir Apple potatoes are in. We will build the level up in the bed as they grow.


Off home for a tea and to start to plan the next bed. We are going to do the whole plot as raised beds so it is easier to maintain and manage and to do crop rotation etc with.

No comments:

Post a Comment