About Me

My photo
Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, United Kingdom
Bit of a long tooth IT Manager - been and had a few hobbies, as for the title, I make glass beads, its Called Lampwork, I brew my own Beer, its called fun and I take photos, thats the oldest hobby, since I was 16 or so. My first camera was a Zenith E - then a Pentax KR to go digital after a long stint with a Pentax Super A. Now a Nikon D5200 and a D7100 with a Sigma 150 f2.8 macro lens to play with amongst others. Please note all photos used are my own and I retain full copyright to all of them. Thank you for respecting digital ownership

Sunday 18 August 2013

18th August 2013

Well after some encouragement - and a bit of show and tell I thought I had better join the blog world. My brother has one and my youngerst daughter has so its my turn to bore the world

Had a day out to Llanelli WWT today as a last minute change of plan. We joined last week when we went to Slimbridge. I can seriously recommend joining if you like walking, nature, birds, and wildlife in general based around wetlands - whats not to like !

The camera had a bit of exercise - one nice spot was a Little Grebe about to have a go at a couple of Darters



Then there were the Cattle Egrets and the Spoonbill, ha, my finances dont stretch to the kind of lens I would need to photo them, had to settle for a good view through the binoculars and then shots of the local Dragons





































I do so love photographing these - now all I need to do is ID them. Overall a great day, nice weather apart from a rather abrupt heavy shower, but the proper gear takes care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment